Update: Out of stock as of March 1st 2020. More Spectra devices are in progress, with estimated ship date being late April. Delays are due to Covid-19 pandemic. If you pre-order now, you will be guaranteed a device from the new batch.
The whole deal, ready to go. You get everything you need to experiment in bioimpedance spectroscopy and electrical impedance tomography. Spectra is a highly precise impedance measurement device. The kit includes the tested main PCB with firmware pre-programmed, tank with flex electrode array made to fit, a custom portable enclosure, an electrode expansion adapter, USB power and data cable, and a 32-channel, gold-plated electrode cable for performing EIT scans on almost anything, anywhere!
To find out more, see software installation and device tutorials have a look at: openeit.github.io
Features & Specifications
Precise and highly configurable sensor hardware
- Can be configured to use up to 32 electrodes.
- Measures at 160,000 samples per second.
- Each impedance measure is made using differential referencing and 16-bit resolution.
- Includes automatic temperature calibration to ensure impedance accuracy.
- Includes an accelerometer for motion mitigation.
Built for safety and ease-of-use
- DC power removal filters meet IEC60601-1 safety specifications.
- Compatible with a 3.5 V, 850 mAh battery (not included) for improved portability. On-board circuitry allows charging via the supplied USB cable. Up to 12 hours of battery life, depending on the specific use case.
- Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to accommodate wireless data transmission.
Flexible open source software
- Easy to install software supports time series impedance measurements, bio-impedance spectroscopy, and electrical impedance tomography, between 80 Hz and 80 kHz, with up to 32 electrodes.
- Supports three different types of tomographic reconstruction: Graz Consensus, Gauss-Newton Method, and Back Projection. All three can be run in realtime and can be configured with any number of electrodes (e.g., 8, 16, or 32). You can record for analysis offline, and run in real-time.
- Hardware includes Serial Wire Debug (SWD) programmers for easy firmware re-programming.
- Tiny, portable PCB measures approximately 2” by 2” and comes with a plastic enclosure.
- Comes with a small, cylindrical ‘phantom’ tank (140 mm diameter, 60 mm height).
- Comes with a flexible electrodes for imaging things that don’t fit in the phantom.
This is an open project, and we welcome community help and collaboration!
Although it comes with a simple installer and can perform all functions in realtime, not all of Spectra’s potential uses will be supported when it ships, and not all bugs will be completely addressed for all operating systems. We expect to iron out the remaining issues as our community of developers grows and as more people contribute to the code base. We’d love your help!
Be gentle with your Spectra! Avoid spilling liquids on the enclosure that contains the PCB itself, as it was not designed to be waterproof. Nor has it gone through drop testing, so please do not throw it or drop it from a significant height. Follow general electrical safety guidelines when using your Spectra. All usage is at the buyers own risk. Finally, this is an experimental device and is not intended for medical diagnosis.